Hello I'm Sergio, nice to meet you!
Thanks for dropping by! I am a software developer who enjoys building meaningful products. I especially love creating beautiful user interfaces that have a real impact to the end-user.
Feel free to contact me at any time with questions:
E. hello [at] sergiocruz.me
P. (407) six-nine-four 8175
Code SchoolApril 2015 - Present
- Create and maintain Single Page Applications
- Integrate apps with enterprise systems (domain-driven design)
- Gather requirements from content team and implement courses
- Writes and presents courses
GotChosen.com July 2014 - April 2015
- Assisted API Team to come up with good RESTful standards
- Integrated application with proprietary RESTful API
TravelClick February 2014 - July 2014 (Contract)
- Comfortable in a team environment
- Created User Interfaces from strict requirements with Yeoman, AngularJS and Semantic UI
- Hybrid phone applications using Ionic Framework
- Extended existing proprietary PHP framework to support Restful APIs
GIVTED November 2012 - February 2014
- Full stack developer, primarily used Zend Framework & AngularJS
- Managed A/B and user research tests in order to optimize UI/UX, resulting in increased conversions
- Managed design contests involving more than 30 designers at a time.
- Implemented new workflow processes including GruntJS, SASS
- Responsive design slicing with strict cross browser compatibility requirements (>IE8)
RGI Marketing November 2011 – November 2012
- Assisted with point-based ecommerce websites and phone apps (~30,000 active daily users)
- Created inventory system that sent orders to our warehouse to optmize fullfiment time
- Technologies included: Codeigniter, RESTful APIs, and the Android SDK
eReady Websites July 2010 – November 2011
- Developed websites using ModX, Drupal and Wordpress
- Developed marketing system that generated thousands of leads using multiple top-level domain names to generate thousands of websites with many different themes, uncountable numbers of pages; which were based on synonym spun articles, geo-location, etc. This SEO system was built with the LAMP Stack, serving dynamic top-level domain names. We also experimented with many different forms of caching including APC, MongoDB, Redis, Memcached, and even flat files
- Built CRM system that enabled the sales team to manage the leads that were captured from the SEO system, with features such as e-mail auto-responders, call back and events alerts, lead-capturing reports, graphs, etc.
Blue Palm Hotel May 2009 – July 2010
The Blue Palm Hotel used to be a Travelodge franchise, however they decided to try things on their own because of the many limitations they had when working with the franchise. I was hired to manage their technology stack.
- Developed a web-based reservation system that worked in 4 different languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese and French
- The reservation system included an administration panel that enabled hotel administrators to tweak room prices as needed throughout the year
- They were also able to manage the reservations that came in, and to generate reports to control what marketing campaigns worked best
Self Employed December 2007 – May 2009
Assisted many businesses around the Central Florida area by developing websites and web-apps, designing flyers, posters and business cards, managing Windows networks and repairing computers and laptops. Software used: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash), Corel Draw, NuSphere PhpED.
Brazilian National Biodiesel Magazine July 2006 – December 2007
- Responsible the magazine’s complete web presence by developing and maintaining their website, ecommerce store, e-mail newsletters and SEO.
- Website included a custom CMS that enabled magazine writers to post articles directly into the website. CMS, ecommerce store, and newsletter manager were all built from the ground up using PHP and MySQL.